Everyone is doing this old-school, online journal (remember when they were called that?) 25 Facts About Me thing these days. You know the kind – you list a bunch of random stuff about yourself and then you tag a bunch of people who then do the same.
Having been tagged at that social networking site a few times now, I figured I’d jump on the bandwagon because who doesn’t like to talk about themselves? Actually, I really don’t. I like to write about myself. There is a difference, I assure you.
Anyway, I’ll try to get to twenty-five things, but I’m not making any promises.
1. I really like folding laundry while watching a bad movie or Food Network Challenge.
2. Though I’ve tried it a lot, organized religion continues to squick me out. But I’m not really an atheist.
3. I fervently wish people would stop buying and adopting puppies, from pet stores OR rescues. There are approximately one jillion adult dogs languishing in shelters, rescues, and foster homes who are calmer, better behaved, and so full of utter love and gratitude for their rescuers. In most cases, they come to your home potty trained, knowing basic obedience, and more than willing to fit into your life. They make the best pets, truly, and adopting them is a real part of the solution to the homeless pet problem. Thank you. /soapbox
4. I’m getting a (temporary) office in April and I’m scared.
5. Going through Kokoro’s illness and death is one of the most profound things that ever happened to me, and it’s sort of a tough lesson to me that very few people are willing to talk about it.
6. I love trying new things – sewing, pottery, belly dancing, mountain biking, cake decorating. Some stick; some don’t. It’s the learning that I really love.
7. I’m facing the fact that my ovaries don’t work as designed, and I don’t know what to do.
8. But then, I’m tired of being scared of everything.
9. My passport has a lot of stuff in it. But I want more, more, more!
10. I am just so proud of myself and what I’ve done with my life. The problem is remembering that feeling day to day.
11. Sometimes I want to be nine years old. Well, not actually be nine years old again but travel back to 1983 or so and just live one day there. I’d watch 1983 tv and go to the 1983 mall and eat at a 1983 restaurant that’s long gone. I really love imagining this.
12. I hate a lot of movies. I mean a lot. Thank god for Rifftrax.
13. I just don’t know what I would do without a library. Or in my case, about twenty of them.
14. I’ve never seen Lost or, um, that other popular show, or that one with the people who get eliminated each week? What’s that called?
15. I almost always have to buy a cupcake when I see them for sale, and despite the explosion of high-end, designer cupcakes in the world now, I am almost always disappointed. Then, I break out the Pink Dervish and get to work.
16. I guess fifteen is about all I can handle.